Unraid 6/Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 General FAQ
- 1.1 My USB flash has failed and I don't have a backup. How do I restore my configuration?
- 1.2 I need help with a build / system configuration. Where do I go?
- 1.3 How do I go about getting an extension for my Unraid Trial?
- 1.4 I received the message "This GUID is already registered to another user." What do I do?
My USB flash has failed and I don't have a backup. How do I restore my configuration?
First and foremost, you'll need to get a new flash device. Remember to get something of quality (Kingston, PNY, Lexar, and SanDisk are a few brands we've had good success with). Second, you'll need to find the e-mail with your registration key for your previous flash device. Last, you'll need to install Unraid on the new flash device, boot it up on your server, and then install the old registration key on the new flash (from the Tools > Registration page). From there you can request and then install a replacement key.
As far as your configuration goes, if you can remember your drive assignments (which disks were assigned to which slots), you should be able to simply re-assign them all and start the array. You may need to reconfigure your shares, users, and other system settings, but your data should be intact.
If you cannot remember your drive assignments, please post on the forum for further assistance (under General Support).
I need help with a build / system configuration. Where do I go?
For assistance with creating a special build for Unraid OS, we highly advise users to check out our Compulsive Design forum. Our community is fantastic about helping folks create their ultimate Unraid system.
How do I go about getting an extension for my Unraid Trial?
Simple! Simply reboot your server and navigate to the Tools > Registration page. From there you can click to request an extension. Please remember that you are only allotted up to two extensions, each for two weeks. No further extensions can be issued thereafter.
I received the message "This GUID is already registered to another user." What do I do?
The flash device you are attempting to use does not have a unique ID. You will need to procure a different USB flash device for use with Unraid OS. As a reminder, Unraid OS does not support installation to SD card readers or anything other than a proper USB flash drive.
== I wish to completely start configuring Unraid OS from scratch. How do I wipe my existing configuration / filesystems and do that?
- Ensure there is no data on the system that you require.
- Stop the array and shut down the server.
- Remove the USB flash device.
- Using a Windows or Mac computer, reformat the flash using the USB Flash Creator tool from our website.
- Reinstall the flash in the server and boot it up.
- Click on the "terminal" icon in the top right corner of the webGui.
- From the command line, type this: lsblk
- Note all the devices present excluding your USB flash device.
- Now for each device in the list (excluding the USB flash device), type the following command: wipefs /dev/sdX (replacing X with the letter of the device from the previous steps). This will remove the filesystem from the device so it can be reformatted by Unraid OS.
- Now continue reconfiguring Unraid OS per the normal procedure.