Replace A Cache Drive
- Preclear the new cache drive.
- Log into your server as root. Run Midnight Commander ('mc' <enter>)
- Navigate to your current cache drive, should be at /mnt/cache
- Select all .folders you've got in there using the Insert button. (.sickbeard, .sabnzbd, etc...)
- Make a new folder on a specific drive on your array, like /mnt/drive7/cachebackup
- Copy all cache drive folders to the folder you just created.
- Stop array
- Go to the Main tab in the web GUI, and use the drop down for the cache drive, at the bottom, to reassign the cache drive.
- start array
- the new cache drive will show up as unformatted, go to the bottom of the Main tab, and format the drive. This should take two seconds as you already pre-cleared the drive.
- With array running, log into your server as root and run Midnight Commander
- Copy all .folders from the /mnt/disk7/cachebackup folder you created before
- Stop array (will stop all your additional programs)
- Start array. Bob's your uncle.
forum link here
cache drive description from Tom here