The mover is a utility that runs periodically to move files off the cache disk an onto parity-protected data disk(s).
By default the mover is scheduled to run every day at 3:40AM. This may be changed by defining your own cron schedule.
Our crontab format is roughly similar to that used by vixiecron. Individual fields may contain a time, a time range, a time range with a skip factor, a symbolic range for the day of week and month in year, and additional subranges delimited with commas. Blank lines in the crontab or lines that begin with a hash (#) are ignored. If you specify both a day in the month and a day of week, it will be interpreted as the Nth such day in the month.
- MIN HOUR DAY MONTH DAYOFWEEK COMMAND
- run `date` at 6:10 am every day
10 6 * * * date
- run every two hours at the top of the hour
0 */2 * * * date
- run every two hours between 11 pm and 7 am, and again at 8 am
0 23-7/2,8 * * * date
- run at 4:00 am on January 1st
0 4 1 jan * date
- run every day at 11 am, appending all output to a file
0 11 * * * date >> /var/log/date-output 2>&1
To request the last Monday, etc. in a month, ask for the "5th" one. This will always match the last Monday, etc., even if there are only four Mondays in the month:
- run at 11 am on the first and last Mon, Tue, Wed of each month
0 11 1,5 * mon-wed date
When the fourth Monday in a month is the last, it will match against both the "4th" and the "5th" (it will only run once if both are specified).