Please ensure your system meets these requirements before upgrading to version 6.2:
- Your server must be running version 6.1 or later.
- Your USB flash device must have at least 128MB of free space.
- If you have customized your network bridge name previously, it must be changed back to the default of 'br0' before upgrading.
- VMs set to use a custom-named bridge will also need to be edited to point to the 'br0' prior to the upgrade.
Checking your existing version
To check which version of unRAID is presently running on your server, simply log into the web interface and look in the top right corner of the browser.
Checking for sufficient free space
The upgrade process will check for this automatically, but if you wish to be proactive, you can review your boot device's free space under the Flash section on the Main tab of the web interface.
Checking your network bridge name
To see if you have a customized network bridge, open the Settings -> Network Settings page of the web interface. If the bridge name is anything other than 'br0', change it back to 'br0' and click apply.
Checking your VM network bridge settings
If you found you have a custom-name for your network bridge and you also have VMs on the system, it is very likely that these VMs are also set to use the custom-named bridge and therefore they must be updated as well. To do this, you will need to perform the following steps after you have restored the default network bridge name:
- Shutdown all VMs running on the system.
- Edit each VM and turn on Advanced View mode.
- Locate the network section and from the dropdown, select br0 and then click apply.
- Once all VMs are set to use the 'br0' bridge, go to the Settings -> Network Settings page, turn on Advanced View, and set the default network bridge on this page to also be 'br0' and click apply.
Your VMs should now be ready for use under 6.2.
How to upgrade
- Boot your server up and login to the web interface
- Click the Plugins tab
- Click the Install Plugin tab
- Copy and paste the below link into the field and click install
- Once the upgrade plugin has been installed, reboot your server
Post installation procedures
Once rebooted under version 6.2 for the first time, it may take several minutes (potentially longer) to start the array if Docker containers have been previously configured. This is due to a one-time upgrade procedure that will be applied to the containers in your Docker image file. This procedure is automatically performed for you and does not have to be manually enabled.
In addition, OVMF-based virtual machines that were created under version 6.1 or earlier will most likely require a one-time process to boot up properly under version 6.2. Upon booting an OVMF-based VM under 6.2, if you are presented with an EFI shell instead of your OS booting appropriately, type the following commands in order to boot your VM:
- cd efi/boot
If this doesn't work, try changing the first command from fs0: to fs1:. If that doesn't work, please post in the forums for further assistance. This procedure should only need to be performed the first time you boot OVMF VMs under version 6.2 that were previously created using unRAID 6.1 or earlier.