Removing the Gigabyte HPA
This is intended to help users with removing the Gigabyte HPA, needs contributors!
- Preface defining it, with links to history of HPA issue, Topical Index link
- How to identify a Gig HPA
- Why you need to backup files first, from the target drive
- Why you need to power off first, and after command
- Using the HDPARM -N method, from Joe's posts with small mods
- If that does not work, then how to prepare for and use the HDAT2 method (with links), (and screen shots?)
- Also how to use SeaTools to "Set capacity to MAX"
- Comments about drive rebuild, ReiserFS resizing
- Running a full parity check
Important, needs testers to verify all steps
Perhaps a links section at bottom?